- The Fulton Out-of-School Care Program has two rooms:
Room 25 at Fulton School for ages 6 to 12 years old
- Hours 7 – 8:30 am and 2:30 – 6 pm
- Non-school days 7 am – 6 pm
- Assisting children on bus (Holyrood and Forest Heights)
- Staff: 2 Child Care Supervisors and 1 part time support staff
Room 127 at Hardisty School for ages 6 to 12 years old
- Hours 7 – 8:30 am, 11:15 am – 12:20 pm, 3 – 6 pm
- Non school days 7 am – 6 pm
- Staff: 2 child Care Supervisors and 2 part time support staff.
- Educators nurture, promote positive self-esteem and encourage children in their pursuit of interests and learning new skills in their room and extra curricular activities.
- The afterschool program is set up for children to experience intellectual and socially engaging environment that allow children the opportunity to actively interact with educators, peers and the community.
- Opportunities to engage in playful exploration of natural elements in the environment, outdoor experiences, cooperative games and sports.
- Educators and children collaborate to plan activities and experiences on a weekly basis. Educators are co-learners and co-researchers to help children scaffold their learning.
- Educators and children document learning experiences, projects in individual and group learning stories.
- Educators purposely plan opportunities to problem solve and discuss sustainable practices.