Infants | Toddlers | Two to Three Year Olds | Three to Four Year Olds | Four to Six Year Olds
The daycare (preschool) program encourages all aspects of your child’s development. We provide activities and experiences that promote independence, self-help skills, confidence and individuality. We also promote kindergarten readiness and various learning concepts as the children show interest.
Our rooms are well equipped and arranged in various learning centres. The children are free to move from area to area, choosing the activities in which they wish to participate.
Our large indoor gym has climbers, slides, mats, bikes and balance beams. Our facility has a large, fenced, outdoor development playground separated into three areas for various age groups. We also share large playing fields, tall trees, a spray park and two exciting playgrounds with neighbouring Fulton Place Community League.
All the children receive a nutritional breakfast, hot lunches and an afternoon snack prepared by our full-time cook.
Infant Room 19 (0 to 20 months)
- Infants from 6 months – 20 months with a maximum of 12 children.
- We recognize infants as mighty learners who love to explore in a safe environment.
- Educators work in partnership with families to help infants feel secure, form close relationships with other adults and their peers.
- Staff document the infants diaper changes, how long they have slept and what they ate.
- Educators help the infants learn sign language like “more”, “please”, “want”, “milk” to expand their ability to communicate.
- Educators plan activities and experiences that build on infants interests and encourage their natural tendency to be mighty learners.
- Educators encourage regular outdoor play weather permitting.
Playrooms 21, 22, 23, 24
- Rooms 21, 22, 23 and 24 have mixed age groupings.
- Rooms have a maximum of 16 children.
- Each playroom has 3 Early Childhood Educators
- Our educators create positive environments that promote exploration, creativity, imagination and problem solving.
- Educators plan activities and experiences around children’s interests, and incorporate children’s interests in room planning.
- Educators observe the children engaged in the learning process and document this process in learning stories.
- Educators promote outdoor experiences and exploration of natural elements.
Playrooms 18 and 20
- Room 20 has children 3.5 – 5 years old and room 18 has children 4.5 – 6 years old.
- Both rooms have 3 educators.
- Learning takes place as children form relationships with each other and the educators and explore their environment.
- Educators observe the children’s learning and document the learning taking place in a learning story that is shared with the child’s family.
- We recognize children as mighty learners who enjoy exploring their environment both indoors and outdoors.
- We encourage independence, initiative, creativity, problem solving and challenge children to think and problem solve.
- Early Childhood Educators encourage positive peer interactions and guide children in conflict resolution skills.